Friday, August 17, 2012

Klic-n-Kut Zing (day 1)

Klic-n-Kut Zing by flowerlily1
Klic-n-Kut Zing, a photo by flowerlily1 on Flickr.

Klic-n-Kut Zing

YAY...my new Zing arrived yesterday!!

I decided to breakdown and buy this digital cutter. The versatility of materials it can cut was a big deciding factor. However, the biggest selling point for me is the fact that I can make my own desigs and this machine will cut them. Well HAH!...it's not as easy as klic-n-cut. Yesterday I spent some time trying to figure out how to "import" my designs but I have yet to figure it out. From what I've read, it seems I need to first to make them into "vector" shapes (which in turn means now I need to learn about vectors *sigh*) before I can do any such importing.

Oh well....I'll keep working on it. Hopefully figure and be able to cut something today *X-ing fingers*

2 comments:

  1. Did you figure out how to create a vector to use with your Zing?
    I'm thinking of getting a Zing but want to really understand what I might be getting myself in to.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frances,

    Well, I have not a whole lot to report about the machine yet. It and I had a bit of a rough start, I believe this was due in part to the fact that I believe the cutting blade that came with the machine was defective and my first attempts at cutting were unsuccessful. The seller promptly agreed to replace it but I had to wait a few days for it to arrive.

    Also, I was having trouble getting the cutter to align with the image as printed by my printer. It seems there is a discrepancy between the two.

    In the meantime, while I waited for the new blades to arrive, I decided to work on some graphics so I would have something to cut. However, I've gotten sidetracked with said graphics and with other real life stuff and have not yet settled down to actually cutting. So unfortunately I don't have anything to report as of yet. I will try to get to the cutting part this coming week and hopefully have some feedback soon.

    Stay tuned and thanks for reading my blog =)

    ReplyDelete