Wednesday, August 22, 2012

How to make your own "embossing fluid"/ Como hacer tinta para gofrado

How to make your own "embossing fluid"/ Como hacer tinta para gofrado, a photo by flowerlily1 on Flickr.
The other day a friend of mine asked me if I knew how this fluid was made. I had never wondered about that myself. (Yeah, I know…unbelievable for such a diehard DIYer LOL). In any case, when I got home I googled it and found the answer here... gomakesomething.com/blog/041610tip/

Since the recipe is simple I decided to give it a try. Glycerin can be found at most pharmacies. I found it at Walmart (pharmacy section $3+). Craft stores sometimes have it as well. It is used to make fondant therefore; it should be in the “Cake supply” section.

I don't know if glycerin can vary in consistency but the ratio suggested in the above site (1/1) didn't work with the one I got. The mixture was a little too thin and only a little embossing powder adhered. I added a bit more glycerin (1.5 glycerin/1 water). This ratio yielded the right consistency and it works great!

***************
El otro día una amiga me pregunto si sabia de que estaba hecha la tinta para gofrado. Nunca me había hecho esa pregunta pero cuando llegue a casa hice una búsqueda en Google y encontré la respuesta aquí… gomakesomething.com/blog/041610tip/

Ya que la receta es tan simple decidí probar. La glicerina se la puede encontrar en farmacias. Yo la compre en Walmart (sección farmacia $3+). Tiendas de manualidades también pueden tenerla. Se usa para hacer masa elástica o fondant para tortas así que estará en esa sección.

No se si la glicerina varia en consistencia pero la proporción sugerida en el link de arriba (1/1) no funciono con la glicerina que yo compre. La mezcla resulto un poco ligera y el polvo de gofrado no se adhirió bien. Añadí un poco más de glicerina (1.5 partes glicerina/1 parte agua). Esta proporción me dio la consistencia correcta y funciona de maravilla.

0 comments:

Post a Comment