Monday, February 13, 2012

Back to Dotees!

So...after taking a long break from making dotees, I am now back at it!

Kikuya is the first one I made at a get together with my crafty friends back in December.



Frankie and Frank were twin dotees I had started two years ago for the "Wacky Silly and Unusual holidays swap" (October 31 - Frankenstein monster day) on swapbot. Frank got finished but Frankie who was staying home has been laying unfinished until recently. He is finally done!



This past Saturday we had a crafty day get together with my friends. The theme we picked was "Steampunk". This little lady is one of the Steampunk dolls I made. However, since I was so distracted yapping away while I worked, after I was done attaching and beading her face I realized I had attached it to the wrong side LOL. I really didn't want to undo what I had done (because I thought it was too much work HA!). At my buddies suggestion I decided to make her a two faced dotee. In reality this turned out to be A LOT more work because, not only did I have to embroider and attach another face but I had to decorate both sides LOL…oh well….I really enjoyed making her anyways…DOUBLE THE FUN!



2 comments:

  1. LOVE all your art, especially your hand painting. I am especially fond of whimsical illustrations, which I often include in my blog posts, ALWAYS crediting the artist and including a link to their web sites, Etsy, etc. I would love to add one of your moonlight series illustrations to my latest post, properly credited and linked to you.

    I would also love to purchase one of your illustrations, but your Etsy seems to be on hold at the time. Please let me know if you make your art available for sale at another site.

    Thank you again.
    Much love,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcia,

    I am so sorry that I am just now replying to your comment. I didn't realize I had comment notifications going to an email address I hardly use anymore so I didn't know about this comment.

    In any case, thank you so much for your wonderful comments!

    Please feel free to use any of my images in your postings.

    I had some computer problems and have had to recreate a lot of my art which had delayed the opening of my Etsy shop. At the moment I don't have anything for sale but I hope to be able to start operating soon.

    Lots of blessings,

    Paola

    ReplyDelete