Friday, May 20, 2011

Pliers / Tools Holder


"Necessity, who is the mother of invention" ~Plato~

The other day I was looking for something to hold/organize my jewelry pliers and tools. I first searched the internet to see what I could find. I found different ones ranging from $9-$25 (+ shipping).


Pliers Racks
These are some pliers holders I found.  Besides the cost, I also had to deal with having to wait....and wait...and wait...for it to arrive *big sigh*. Have I ever told you that I am impatient specially when I an on a mission? Well, this day I was in one of my "organizing missions" and I did NOT want to wait...no siree bob!
Sooooooo... I looked around my craft room for something I could use for this purpose. In the recycled containers area, I found this large margarine tub and ding ding ding...*IDEA*!!!! this is the pliers holder I came up with. In case you want to make your own, here is a quickie set of instructions below.

Supplies:
- Recycled large plastic tub/container shape and materials are up to you. I used an "I can't believe is not butter" margarine tub. I prefer a round plastic container because I want to place it on a Lazy Susan on my work table. And, the plastic in this tub was very easy to cut with the scissors.
- Recycled small glass jar that fits inside the tub and lets you close the lid. (the one I used holds mushrooms)
- A circular object/template. Approximately 1" (2.5cm)
- Sharpie or maker
- Small scissors
- Hot glue gun (not shown)
Pliers/Tools Holder

Directions:
1. Remove the lid from the tub and draw small circles around the edge. Leave 1/2 - 3/4" space between each circle.
2. Draw a larger circle in the center of the lid. Use the lid from the glass jar or the jar itself (the lid will not be used in this project).
3. If you choose to, paint the outside of your container and lid now. Wait for it to be completely dry.
4. Hot glue the glass jar inside the tub, in the center.
5. Place the lid back on the tub and VOILA! you have a pliers/tool holder....Enjoy!
Cost: $0 or if you choose to paint your container and don't already have some on hand (I did), the cost would be that of the spray paint.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent idea, Lily! And so nicely made too! - Joan

    ReplyDelete